Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
low chill flavor queen

Posted by BYOC.RYAN Downey CA (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 13:17

Is anyone getting flavor Queen to set fruit in a low chill setting. i have had the tree planted for 3 years and nothing i got 260 chill hours i think it might be time for the mulch pile ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: low chill flavor queen

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 19:09

If the tree has grown well and no flowering after 3 years I'd rip it out. Mine fruit the 2nd leaf almost without fail.

o

don't know its exact chill hours maybe 500
whats the pollenizer?

o

i have Santa Rosa, burgundy plum, dapple dandy, flavor king, and about 3 more so pollination should be no problem i think my inexperience and the 260 chill hours i get are the problem, fruitnut whats your chill hours?

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 20:49

I have adequate chilling for pluot, at least 500-600 hrs. Does your tree have flower buds? Do they abort in spring rather than open? If your tree is growing it should set flower buds even without chilling. So it's a matter of what's happening to the flower buds.

If all those other pluot and plums are fruiting I'd think F Queen would as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here