Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lossing Leaves on my budding Orange Tree

Posted by Katieflowers Pa (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 14:11

I have a potted Washington Navel Orange tree, she is normally a VERY strong tree, but she has now grown more branches and leaves even has new buds, yet her younger not as strong branches that also had flowers blooming on her, not only is losing all of her leaves (The main braches are not) Her other branches are dying (I did the scratch test and it was brown) At the way bottom of my Tree, there is this green branch thing growing, I am wondering if that's the issue.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lossing Leaves on my budding Orange Tree

Hi! Its best to ask your questions on the 'Citrus' forum, they are very friendly and knowledgeable. I too grow citrus indoors, however, and it is that time of year when leaves fall off of your tree. Ask for 'Meyermike'. Mrs. G

o

I can't thank you enough. You are very kind and helpful, thank you again.

o

The green branch is coming from below the graft. It's a sucker. Get rid of it.

o

I had the same happen to my potted orange this year and 2 years ago. The problem both times I believe was with the roots not getting appropriate amounts of water because of over compaction of roots in the pot. If this seems to be the problem with your tree and you have not root pruned and repotted in recent years, you may consider doing that now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here