Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pakistan Mulberry Cuttings... will pay!

Posted by desertdance So.CA LowDesert (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 14:37

Wondering if any of you have cuttings. I will happily pay. My best price is for a 6' tree on Craigs List for $35.00. He doesn't want to trade for anything.

I'm stuck to the Pakastan brand. It's a fast grower, great shade, and delicious in my zone which is zone 19 Sunset, or zone 9, however you wish to slice it.

Please let me know if you have cuttings of this variety for sale.

Suzi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pakistan Mulberry Cuttings... will pay!

Bummer...i just pruned my tree last week and had some nice 18" cuttings...maybe next year

someone has them out there

o

Is your intention to graft with these sticks? Or is it to try to root them, which very seldom will happen with this variety?

o

Shoot me your email... I will be happy to mail you some cuttings...

It's about due for the annual spring pruning now...

o

Thanks John for your kind offer! You have email! I'm happy to pay postage if you respond with your email address so I can pay through Pay Pal.

I will try to root them in my greenhouse along with the fig cuttings I root. I don't have a mulberry tree on which to graft them, and would hate to take a chance on grafting to a fig tree... Same family, but too different I think!

Wish me luck! Looking forward to receiving them!

Suzi

o

I would be more than happy but I chopped mine awhile back.

I will say however, I tried rooting couple just for fun and did not get anything from Pakistai one. It probably is possible but might not be easy.

If you still need any later ask again around fall, I should have plenty by then.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here