Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
aphids on stone fruit

Posted by BYOC.RYAN CA (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 16:02

what should i do the trees are blooming and the new leafs are warped up like little burritos i am not trying to kill the bees

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: aphids on stone fruit

try neem oil. I have found it to be effective against aphids, I don't think it is toxic to bees

o

also try wrapping trunk of tree with tape coated with tangle trap. this blocks the ants from climbing onto tree. the ants protect the aphids from their natural predators. with the ants out of the picture, the aphids will be eaten by natural predators such as lady bugs.

o

+1 neem oil. It's good stuff.

o

aphids are easily washed away a thunder storm wind rain water aphids are gone.
Use garden hose wash tree down the more coming out hose best. You back off with pressure washer 10 feet from any foliage and cover tree leaves couple times they be all gone when tree drys inspect for population count you be surprised.

o

thanks for the ideas i will be spraying with the garden hose and if that doesn't work neem oil . i would wrap for ants but i don't see any. Thanks you guys are more help than the nursery were i buy the trees lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here