Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My orange tree is dying, what disease is it?

Posted by Glumbda (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 16:11

My orange tree's leaves turned dark and then died. Can this tree still be saved? What disease is causing the problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My orange tree is dying, what disease is it?

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 16:18

Doesn't look like disease. It looks more like lack of water or too much water that drown the roots. Could also be several other things besides disease. Like too much sun when moved from inside to outside. More info would help, location, history, etc.

o

Lack of nitrogen too. How often do you fertilize the tree? Mrs. G

o

Looks like a bird crap hit. Hits the leaf. Leaf turns yellow as the nutrients are transferred out and then it falls off. Seems to be how citrus trees decide when to shed their evergreen leaves. Just an observation and my opinion. Never read it anywhere.

edit: Still, what are the odds 2 similar locations? I seem to remember something diagnostically let me look around a bit.

This post was edited by Fascist_Nation on Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 23:41

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here