Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
heritage raspberry not looking good

Posted by ciacho 9a socal (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 14 at 16:50

Hi I'm new to gardening and planted all kinds of fruits and veggies in my new home. I don't think the soil is great but I'm hoping to learn and grow what I can.

I planted this heritage raspberry from home depot in January. Im in So California so its been warm the last few months and it now looks like this. I planted a couple other varieties (jewel and brandywine ) which look like their doing well.

Attached is the pic if the heritage rasp.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: heritage raspberry not looking good

You are at the upper limit for raspberries. So they probably need some shade and ton's of water. Try to find Bababerry, they do well in your area.
Your plant looks burned, sun or fertilizer, or not enough water.

o

Was it dormant when you bought or were those leaves on it? If they were on it when you planted I wouldn't worry as much...

Don't over/under water it and you should be fine. I have Heritage in 9b is very vigorous here....

o

Thanks for the help. I'll keep an eye on it. It may have sprouted a new stalk about 10in away. I dont really know what it is.

Those were the original leaves but it hasn't really grown anything new. The other raspberries have sprouted new leaves (they didn't start with any though) so that is why I'm confused. The others have nice green leaves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here