Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hood pear polanating

Posted by john222-gg ms./8 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 17:08

It seems like i always buy trees that i dont know a lot abought.I just got a hood pear,was wondering if a keffer would work for pollinator or will Bradford ornamental cross pollinate.It said it blooms mid may that is when my keffer blooms.All help will be appreciated.I am glad Fruitnut don't charge for information.I would owe him a fortune

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hood pear polanating

The 2 Hood trees here flower before any other of the various pears at home. After the Hoods are about 50% done with flowering, both the Acres Home and Southern Queen pear trees are just beginning with their flowers, so there is a partial cross pllination. All the other pears here flower later.

o

John-

My hood pear has already set it's fruit this year. I think it started to flower in mid February with the Florida Home pear tree I have to pollinate it.

I do not have any of the other trees you mentioned so I can not comment on those.

Jennifer

o

I have a Seckel and a Hood, would they cross pollinate?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here