Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Permethrin 36.8% mixing instructions...

Posted by lspencer534 none (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 17:24

This year I hope to control the curriculo that has been ruining my plums, peaches, and nectarines. Problem is, the label isn't specific on the application rate. Interent research has led to 0.04 ozs. - 1.6 ozs per gallon of water, which is a considerable spread. Anyone know?

Also, how large should the fruit be before I apply it? No peaches nor nectarines yet, but some plums are about 1/8" in diameter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Permethrin 36.8% mixing instructions...

I need help, folks.

o

• Posted by olpea zone 6 KS (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 2:25

I looked up the label for Permethrin SFR, which is 36.8% active ingredient.

The label states 1/4 to 3/4 tsp. of permethrin per gallon of water for peaches. One gallon of spray solution is supposed to treat 436 sq. ft. of peaches, which is a peach tree with roughly a 20ft. spread (a large peach tree). If you have heavy pressure, use the higher rate (3/4 teaspoon/gal).

Curculio starts to hit peaches here when they are out of the shuck. So I would advise you to make your first spray soon after shucks are off.

o

Thank you, olpea! I must have a different brand of Permerthrin SFR that you have, since the label on mine has nothing about mixing one gallon. I just sprayed all my plum trees since they have fruit over 1/8" in diameter today. Peaches have not appeared yet.

Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here