Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will a 'Spice Zee' nectaplum need to be sprayed for leaf curl?

Posted by melle_sacto Z9/Sunset 14 CA (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 23, 09 at 18:12

I have a new fruit tree, a Spice Zee nectaplum, and I'm very excited. However, everyone I know who has grown a peach or nectarine eventually lost it to leaf curl and other diseases. Will a nectaplum require similar preventative spraying for peach leaf curl?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will a 'Spice Zee' nectaplum need to be sprayed for leaf curl

melle: That's a very new release. Doubt anyone will have experience. My guess is it will need spraying for leaf curl. But you will probably need to call your nursery or better yet Dave Wilson Nursery. You could also email Ed Lavio or Tom Spellman. Their email address is on the Dave Wilson website.

The Fruitnut

o
RE: Will a 'Spice Zee' nectaplum need to be sprayed for leaf curl

I didn't realize it was a new release! Thank you for suggesting I contact Dave Wilson Nursery--I would not have thought to do that. The nursery I purchased the tree from, or at least the person who helped me, was not familiar with it at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here