Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Fuji apple tree is not doing so well. :(

Posted by silent88 So. Cal. (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 18:13

Hey everyone,

My fuji apple tree doesn't seem to be doing too well. It seemed to do this last year as well and then hardly grew. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong, any ideas? It sent out a few groups of leaves and has done nothing for a couple weeks...

Here is the tree:

My anna apple tree however is growing amazingly (guess I'm lucky for now) though so I'm not sure whats wrong with fuji. :( He has the best spot in full sun (Anna is partial sun).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Fuji apple tree is not doing so well. :(

Fuji is still asleep; it will wake up sporadically like this for about the first five years, then figure out where it's at and start behaving. Anna blossoms two months prior to Fuji and so you're right on time. Relax; everything is happening as it is supposed to.

o
RE: My Fuji apple tree is not doing so well. :(

Alright, thank you! I'm just worried because last year it didn't grow too much either. It just seems/seemed so unhealthy and non-vigorous. It did make about 4 delicious fuji apples last year.

I'm sad it will take so long! I love the fuji apples much more than anna. :S

I live at home and this is the 5th house I've living in for the 20 years of my life. Hopefully I'll get some apples before then! ;P

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here