Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
June Plum Tree please help!! What is happening??

Posted by taylieh none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 18:38

Hi, I'm relatively new to growing and thought this would be the best place for my question. I purchased a June Plum tree from Florida and brought it to Nebraska with the hopes of growing it indoors. Everything has been fine but when I came home to it today, it had these white things covering the whole top half of the tree, fruits included.

Why is this happened and what is it? Thank you in advance for stopping and any tips.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: June Plum Tree please help!! What is happening??

Doing this through mobile, don't think picture uploaded.

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 19:32

Possibly scale or aphids. An all season oil would likely help. I can't see well enough to be sure.

o

The balls don't look like the aphid larva we had on the peppers. I'll have to research scales. Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to take a better photo.

o

Have you seen June Plums growing before. They Naturally developed a glue like resign that grows all over the fruit and part of the plant. I just want to make sure you are not confusing this resign with some source of pest because it is not that is very normal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here