Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Immunox

Posted by tuffametuffayou 6b (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 19:34

Would anyone have a source for Immunox in CT or RI. The garden center where I previously purchased the product no longer stocks it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Immunox

• Posted by myk1 5 IL (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 19:58

Do you have Lowes?

o

Walmart has it too if I remember right.

o

Hi Tuffametuffayou-
I was never able to find it locally at the big box stores. I had to order it online. With my trees only being at green-tip at the moment, I figure it's about 3 weeks until petal fall where we'd need it. My point is, you probably have enough time to buy it online if you can't find it locally. -Glenn

o

• Posted by myk1 5 IL (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 21:39

Their website has a "where to buy" page, http://www.spectracide.com/Customer-Help/Where-To-Buy.aspx

You'll still have to do some calling to see if they specifically have Immunox though.

o

It is available at any Lowes. Go to their web site and place an internet order for store pick up. They will fill the order in 30 mins or give you a gift card.

o

I have used immunox before with limited results. I find daconil to work much better. Either one can be bought at any wal-mart or Lowes/Home Depot.

o

blaze, you have to qualify your advice more clearly for it to have any useful application. works better for what? there is no product on the market that is better at controlling apple scab and cedar apple rust than myclobutanil, as long as you aren't near a commercial production area where resistance has developed.

brown rot on stone fruit is another story and the active ingredient in daconil is better for that.

o

Very true. Immunox is pretty useless for strawberry grey mold. Good old Captan works.

o

• Posted by olpea zone 6 KS (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 28, 12 at 9:14

"I have used immunox before with limited results. I find daconil to work much better."

Danconil (chlorothalinil) has very limited uses. Even for brown rot it can only be used against blossom rot. It's not labeled for use after shuck-split. I don't believe it's labeled for pomes at all.

It is very good for peach-leaf curl which is what I use it for.

o

I believe that there are formulations of chlorothalinil that allow its use as a brown rot fungicide packaged for the homeowner, but I could be wrong.

o

Yes I was actually thinking of diseases associated with my peach tree and serious rust problems with my lawn. Immunox isnt bad I still use it but I prefer daconil.

What does the original poster want it for?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here