Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Argentinian pear?

Posted by hughes_eva 10B SoCal (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 20:02

Last year I found this pear in a supermarket. I remember as "Argentinian pear", but I am not 100%. It is rather small, stays firm and super sweet.
Does anybody know if 1. this is the actual name or the market just called it as such since it was imported? 2. Is there a nursery that sells this tree?

Thank you very much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Argentinian pear?

My guess is that it was not a cultivar named "Argentinian Pear", but rather a pear grown in Argentina.

Here is a link that might be useful: Export of Argentine pears

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here