Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Avocado Brown Leaf Question

Posted by jdsuowner CA (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 20:08

So we have a Reed avocado tree that currently has a nice crop of reed avocados on it but suddenly we noticed we have lots of yellow leaves fallen off of it and on the tree there are alot of green leaves with brown tips, brown spots on the bottom, and basically brown towards the middle. The whole tree seems a bit wilted if you will. New buds have formed recently in abundance and we had added 4 of those miracle gro fruit plant stakes around the tree. We water the tree deeply once a week and then it just gets some overspray from the lawn sprinklers couple times a week. Any ideas by this and looking at the pictures of the leaves what could be going on? Here is a link to the pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Avocado Brown Leaf Question

I would lose the tree spikes; give it a good shot of a well balanced fertilizer at the drip line 3 times per year.
Water well...you say you are already doing that.

When avocados are producing and growing they "drop" leaves, that is they suck the life out of older leaves to produce new leaves and fruits.

I live in Guatemala, the original home of the avocado; we have over 100 varieties here. My favorite of all is the Queen... I have four at my lemon farm and I have at least one Queen in all of my gardens.
I would give it a good application of Bayer Silvacur now and every year at the same time. Apart from that, keep a good thought.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here