Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rosanna raspberries

Posted by robert_2007 Zone 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 3, 09 at 20:19

Is there any one out there who is growing Rosanna raspberries, with success? This raspberry does truely taste like candy. But it is the worst raspberry in the world when it comes to Orange Rust. Looking to exchange notes with any one who has figured out how to grow it under organic means. So far I have only been able to find plants at Raintree nursery. Thanks Bob Harper

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Cold Hardy fig definition please

Can some one explain the difinition of a cold hardy fig. Some thirty years ago I noticed three figs planted up against a south facing building in Connecticut. Had a chance to visit the area yesterday. Found the figs still there after some thirty years, and they were totaly unprotected. But, instead of there being three fig plants there must be at least 20 or more plants. They have created a colony of figs about 4 feet by 10 feet. The colony appears to have been able to be larger. But some one turned the back yard were the figs were into a parking area for cars. So the figs could not spread any further. The colony appears to be about 8 feet tall. I took about five cuttings. After getting them home I noticed that some of the cuttings had any where from 12" to 16" of die back. But even the ones with die back where at least 6' tall. The cuttings with no die back came from plants that were around 8 feet tall I intend to go back and get more cuttings to start here. Take ruler and camera to record them. My question is would all three be considered cold hardy since they are 6' feet. Or only the ones that had no winter kill. I'm going to try start cuttings But,I only want to start the most cold hardy It got as low as minus 10 degrees here last winter and as low as minus 20 degrees within the last 30 years. Thanks for your input. Bob Harper

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here