Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone tried Lilly Miller Fertilizer for BB Bushes?

Posted by riverman1 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 20:24

I bought some Lilly Miller for Rhododendron, Azalea and Evergreen fertilizer with cottonseed meal today. Has anyone tried this fertilizer on blueberries?

thx.

Jed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone tried Lilly Miller Fertilizer for BB Bushes?

riverman,
I don't think I've tried that one.It may contain Muriate of Potash,that bammboo rabbit posted earlier to avoid for Blueberries. Brady

o

Here is a link to the label......

http://www.lillymiller.com/labels/LillyMiller/LM_RhodyEvergreen_16lb_300029084.pdf

It does contain soluble potash and two forms of Nitrogen, neither of which are the nitrate form, a bit of sulfur, and cottonseed meal. Seems like it would be good for the blues.

Jed

o

riverman,
It looks like it does contain Muriate of Potash.I think bamboo rabbit posted that some friends of his lost a number of Blueberry plants using some fertilizer that had it.Maybe he can answer it better. Brady

o

BTW Brady, I was reading last night about Jack's Acid Fert and some were saying they have had great luck with it on Blues and Strawberries. I wish I could find some locally, hate ordering fertilizer.

RM

o

I don't want to hijack this thread, but ? another fertilizer. I am trying to find a local source for fertilizer and saw Jobe's Organic Azalea granular curious if anyone has used this one with blueberries. I am just preparing the bed for new plants that should be arriving in about two weeks.

This is a link that you can zoom to see the side, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AR0BV8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000GD3KRG&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1HVM435S2FB0JH2EHAP8

Thank you
Mary

o

As main part are very big part this fertilizer is chicken mature the price of bag would buy much larger volume of chicken mature. Yes in small amounts chicken litter is very good for Blueberry plants are any acid loving plant. Once chicken litter cooked are process with heat its ok and best for organic fertilizer.

o

riverman,
I visited a nursery in Seattle recently and it had some small tubs of Jack's,probably a pound or two for about $9.I can send some your way or check out this site.It's where my current container came from.Very little is needed as it's concentrated.The stuff at the Seattle nursery had a little higher N value,like 21 I think.

Mary,
That is what I just applied for the first application on some of my Blueberry plants.All ingredients look fine.
Brady

Here is a link that might be useful: Jack's Acid Fertilizer

o

I would not use any fertilizer on my blueberries that contained Muriate of potash, PERIOD.

Far as the chicken manure it is very high PH and I would not use it either.

o

So what easily available fertilizers would you recommend?

o

I should clarify and say not to use any manure not just chicken.

Easily available would be Miracle grow camellia and rhododendron formula, available nationwide and will work just fine. The blueberries like it both as a soil drench and as a foliar spray.

o

Thanks for the offer Brady,much appreciated. The jacks acid does look like a good product for blues.

RM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here