Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone using urea for blueberries?

Posted by riverman1 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 20:32

I just had a ph test done on my small patch of blueberries and found them to be on the low side, between 3.9 and 4.3. For this reason I don't want to use ammonium sulfate and want to try the Urea form. Anyone else doing this?

RM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone using urea for blueberries?

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 16:20

I haven't used urea but would in your situation. It is recommended for low pH soils. When applied water in. It will volitalize if left on surface.

o

Thanks

o

• Posted by skyjs z8 OR, USA (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 22:49

Human urea is a concentrated form of nitrogen so if you use too much you'll get lots of leaf and not much berry.
John S
PDX OR

o

Hi riverman,it's been awhile.I hope things are going well.Still in the Tri-cities?
Ever try the fish/kelp/molasses mix that Blueberry Croft Farm or Backyard Berry Plants uses?I remember talking about that.
Also,I thought your soil test fee was around $10.I'm not sure,but if it was,I'd like to get one done.Who can I contact? Thanks,Brady

o

Hi Brady, I'm in Walla Walla. I use Unibest Inc. to do my soil tests and ph tests. They use resin technology, its cutting edge stuff, check em out. I think a soil test with them is about $30. I haven't been using the fish kelp mix lately. My ph is too low so trying to watch it this summer, no ammonia and no sulfur. I applied a small amount of urea to each of the plants yesterday.

RM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here