Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why does my pomegranate hate me?

Posted by ASCL none (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 21:59

Hi
I have a dwarf pomegranate tree that I've been growing in a pot. Last year it finally fruited and we got four pomegranates. This year it has only got leaves on one side of the plant though most of the branches without leaves are still alive. The flowers are also being thrown off before they actually bloom. I've been fertilizing it following the instructions on the box. Does anybody know what the issue might be and what I should do about it?
Thanks heaps.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why does my pomegranate hate me?

• Posted by ASCL none (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 22:01

Here's another photo.
Thanks.

o

Scrape the soil away from the base and check the bark just below ground for any issues.

o

Bigger pots not only for it but the one next to it.
Any chance you can put it in ground?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here