Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
should i spray the ground with kocide where mummies were?

Posted by johndoug z6 Philly (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 12 at 22:25

i just cut down my 20 year old peach tree that was covered in canker and dropped dozens of mummies from brown rot on the ground last fall. most of them are just the hard pit now with no flesh at all. i sprayed my new peach trees with kocide today. should i spray the ground near the old infected tree where mummies dropped?

also, i have the monterey fungi-fighter. when and how frequently do you recommend i apply that? i've never sprayed anything directly on something i am going to eat, will the chemicals stay on the skin or go into the fruit? i know all the farms that supermarkets get their fruit from spray, but as i'm growing at home, i prefer to have my fruits as chemical free as possible. thanks for your responses

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: should i spray the ground with kocide where mummies were?

The first rule is remove the fruit before it becomes a mummy if you want to limit your sprays. Clean trees, clean orchard floor. I have not used kocide before so I can't help you there.

I would pick up the orchard floor before bloom time. Peach orchards down here frail the orchard floor motorized chains to break up pruning and old fruit to cut back on the fertilizer bill but then again they are going to spray anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here