Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Florida Hill Nursery

Posted by blueboy1977 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 22:26

Recieved a email back from them today on my order of 3 Sweetcrisp back in Oct 2011. I explained the confusion that has been going on here on this forum with this particular variety. I sent them pics of the 3 Sweetcrisp I recieved from them and also 2 pics of the Sweetcrisp I recieved from Just Fruits and Exotics so they could compair the two for them selves. They explained to me that they could not see any problems with my purchase as they double check the variety before shipping them out to customers. That being said, they also commented that there could have been a mix up of varieties from the place they purchase there plants from. They never stated wether or not my plants were 100% sure to be Sweetcrisp, rather they pointed the finger at there supplier. So your guess is as good as mine? On a positive note they did offer to send me several varieties, 2 plants each, to make up for the possible error on either there part or there suppliers part. If they did send the wrong varieties to me, they are really trying to make good of the situation. They seem to be a stand up operation from the concern they have shown towards me. Im sure they will look into it and resolve the problem asap.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Florida Hill Nursery

blueboy:

I'm going to post some followup pictures of my "Sweetcrisp" tomorrow. It will be on an earlier thread by Patty S. I'm still going to wait to contact FHN until I taste some fruit. But right now mine don't look like they should.

o

Thanks, fruitnut. I'll be very interested in seeing what yours look like. I'll snap a few more pics of mine as they're a little further along to see if the calyx is flattening out. They are still very spherical, but can't say off the top of my head that the calyx is any flatter - don't think so. I'll snap photos of both my Sweetcrisp and berries of varying sizes/maturities. And thanks for contacting them, blueboy. I may do the same, and contact FHN and let them know about mine as well.

Patty S.

o

No problem Patty. I really felt that they need to know what was going on. I think that by bringing it to there attention it may avoid more problems in the future and everyone on here can have some fresh Sweetcrisp berries every spring from FHN;) I feel that they will resolve the problem. They seemed very concerned and eager to fix to straighten things out. I have 3 little Sweetcrisp berries on one of my plants right now from Just Fruits and Exotics. The calyx is exactly like Bams pics. Pretty much nonexistant. Just a fat round berry! I will post my pic in the morning as well.

o

My teeny little FHN Sweetcrisps actually have flowers on them and I am going to nurse them to see if I can get a berry or two.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here