Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dry White Spots on Mango Leaves

Posted by kaisersoze 10a (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 0:58

Hello, I recently began reviving an old mango tree in my backyard after the previous owner left it to fend for itself for several years. The leaves and flowers have recovered really well this year with watering and fertilization, imagine that! I am currently watering it about every 10 days.

However, on the south sun-facing side, there are lots of leaves with white dry spots on them. Is that sun burn of the leaves? Or a sign of some other deficiency or pest? Some of the north facing leaves have similar spots, but most are on the south facing side. See photo below

Any diagnoses and suggested corrective actions would be appreciated. Also, please let me know if you see any other problems with the mango leaves that need correction. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dry White Spots on Mango Leaves

Kaiser, sounds like Leaf Spot to me (a fungal disease). Where are you in the country? More likely in Florida, not totally unlikely here in California as well. Copper can be used, and probably would want to spray earlier in the winter several times, through into our May Grey/June Gloom, while we have conditions that promote fungal growth (temps in the mid 60's the mid 70's, and overcast). Just be sure the copper spray is a weak enough dilution that it can be sprayed on green leaves. If you can identify the organism, you can also see if one of the more common fungicides are effective, such as Serenade (organic option) or Daconil. Chlorothalonil , Fenbuconazole and Myclobutanil (Ortho's Disease B Gon contains Chlorothalonil).

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: U of Florida: Mango Disesases

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here