Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Powdery Mildew on Blueberry Leaves

Posted by noss Zone 9a Lafayette, L (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 1:11

Hello All,

I have several blueberry bushes that developed powdery mildew on the leaves, so said the people at the nursery. There are white spots that look dusty and it also affects the underside of the leaves. We had a rainy Spring and the bushes were not where they got full sun all day out in the open. That's being remedied now.

What should I use on the blueberry bushes that won't affect the fruit, or eating the fruit?

Thanks,

noss

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Powdery Mildew on Blueberry Leaves

Sulphur products typically work well.

o

• Posted by noss Zone 9a Lafayette, L (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 16:02

Hi JRG13,

Thanks. What specifically are you talking about as far as a name brand for the sulphur? I'm new to this and don't want to put something on the bushes that is not good.

There are berries on these bushes and I'd like to be able to put something on them that won't hurt me to eat them when they get ripe. Right now, there are new leaves forming on the bushes, as well, which is a good sign, I would think.

Thanks for any further elaboration you can give me.

noss

o

I'll see what products we use. I think it might just be straight elemental sulphur in the end but I'll get back to you. Once you get it controlled it usually keeps it in check for awhile.

Jeff

o

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 20:06

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for checking on it.

We use copper sulphate for rust on fig trees.

I just need something that, hopefully, we can still eat the berries while the bush is being treated.

noss

o
Ooops! RE: Powdery Mildew on Blueberry Leaves

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 20:07

Ooops--I meant to add, if that's at all possible.

noss

o

I use this product. its very good. use it once a week.

http://www.greencure.net/

o

Hi, so we use Procure to treat powdery. Some people also use Bonide Sulfur at 1g per 500ml water. I'm sure with Procure there is a harvest window for edibles, the Bonide would probably be a safer bet.

Jeff

o

Tue, May 1, 12 at 20:40

Thanks, Ray, for the link to the product.

Thanks, also Jeff for taking the time to find out the names of the products for me.

Much appreciated, both of you.

noss

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here