Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Depot is torturing me......cheap blueberry plants!

Posted by edweather 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 1:15

I thought that $6.98 was inexpensive enough for what looked like about 1 gallon, nice sized, blossoming blueberry bushes. It was hard to walk away from them last week. Now they have lowered the price to $4.00 each, and they have a ton of them......at least 100+ of them. I just don't have the time for any more plants this year. If anyone lives near Cicero, NY, please stop by and take advantage of a great deal.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Depot is torturing me......cheap blueberry plants!

They did that to me recently with asparagus plants. The plants are in the fridge, and their bed is as yet un-built!

You should be thankful that "your" plants haven't been purchased yet!

o

I hope somebody buys all of "my" plants today! :)

o

You didn't mention variety. There are a few varieties that I just would not want to buy at any price and often those are the ones available at the "Box stores".

o

MY HD has the same deal going here in Brooklyn, However none of the plant tags identify the variety, so I passed.

My local Lowes has some really nice 3 gallon Reka's for 9 bucks, I picked up one of those instead.

o

• Posted by bob_z6 6b/7a SW CT (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 20:29

The HD near me had Elliot and Northland for $7 each. I was able to pass the first time because I already have 2 Elliot in containers and a Northland in the yard. If they still look good and are $4 the next time I see them I'll probably break down and get one.

o

I got Chnandler from Home Depot for $4/each. Great deal. The name is on the tag, as well as on the HD price sticker on the container. HD also carries Gold Blue which I am not familiar with. I know Chandler bear one of largest berries.

o

i purchased a few at Lowes, and then made a complaint to headquarters for the labelling, there were many with specific variety, but in my haste I chose one with a more generic label, "Rabbiteye Blueberry" and there was a list on the back of 8 varieties to pollinate with. The complaint went to the local store manager, who tracked down the nursery (the nursery decides whats available, not the store..) and found my plant is one of the 8..
They did send this to purchasing & promised to demand proper labelling from the vendors.
btw - it's growing well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here