Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Parafilm 1/2" tape source in Canada?

Posted by konrad___far_north 3..just outside of E (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 1:39

Gosh..grafting is around the corner in a couple of weeks and forgot that I was out of my rolls, got them around 10 years ago in Canada, Ontario I think, don't know anymore what company, some kind of laboratory,..can't seem to find anything, amazon US doesn't ship to Canada! Same with E bay sellers!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Parafilm 1/2" tape source in Canada?

Not sure about half inch tape but for lab we buy 2-4" parafilm from either fisher scientific or sigma-aldrich. Both are big international companies. Here are their Canadian sites:

https://www.fishersci.ca/home.do

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/canada-english.html

o

Might want to check out Apache Seeds in Edmonton, or at least give them a call, that's where I bought grafting wax and a grafting knife, a dozen or more years ago.

o

• Posted by bob_z6 6b/7a SW CT (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 11:30

Would Amazon ship to Canada?

Here is a link that might be useful: Parafilm tape on Amazon

o

Oops misread; ignore!

This post was edited by scottfsmith on Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 12:36

o

It's wierd that Amazon.com has a ton of parafilm, but amazon.ca has none.

o

OESCO has 1" Parafilm nursery grafting tape. It looks like they ship phone orders to Canada.

Here is a link that might be useful: OESCO Parafilm

o

I buy my from Midwest Vineyard Supply. I don't know whether they ship to Canada.

If you have time I'll order from them and ship to you, if you like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Source of parafilm.

o

OESCO is in Conway, MA. I ordered parafilm and other grafting materials from this company before and was happy with it.

o

Thank you all!
Have emailed Midwest, since they have 1/2" which I'm used to, will see.
Don, Apache Seeds, I was there last year for the seal, Dr. Farwell's ..I didn't see any parafilm, but sure I would call first before ordering in out of Country.

Amazon US doesn't ship to Canada,..looks like most use 1/2" sizes because out of stock when I checked last.

o

I always thought it was a medical product....... see if a big shoppers drug mart has them. if you have a shoppers home healthcare in Alberta they should sell it

o

I'll see thanks,...I don't think it's in drug store, used in laboratories but they use MUCH larger sizes. The one in Ontario lab was geared towards nursery growers also, can't find anymore, perhaps folded?

o

How weird,..I went through email addresses for somebody else,
when all of a sudden this parafilm address stud out!
It was C. Frensch Ltd. I goggled with the word parafilm and it let me to a Naftex conversation where somebody else bought there as well and I know her!
But now no longer the same company, no parafilm!

o

Good news,...they mailed back and still carry it!
Can't pay with credit card but can pay later with check.

C. Frensch Ltd.
4774 Hinan Drive
Beamsville, ON L0R 1B1

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here