Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bella gold peacotum

Posted by APPLEJACK27 9b (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 7, 12 at 2:11

I just added a peacotum to the garden. Has anyone here ever tasted one? If so, please describe the taste. Is it hype or a true hybrid with a unique taste?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bella gold peacotum

Anyone? Anyone?....Bueller? Bueller?

o

No fruit tasted yet but my two small trees set a total of two fruit this year. The fruit looks like an apricot which is probably what the fruit will taste like. But that is speculation on my part.

The leaves are a strange blochy yellow and light green. The trees, potted and in-ground, both drop leaves and appear stress sensitive. The Bella Gold is center and lower right and left.

Photobucket

o

Thanks again fruitnut. Please keep us posted on the taste.

o

I would love to grow one, but cant find a mail order selling them.

o

Raintree Nursery still has them for sale.

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Raintree Nursery: Bella Gold Peacotum

o

Do others Bella Gold have blotchy colored leaves?

o

Thanks Patty!

o

Fruitnut: my tree looks like yours. No fruit yet. The p/r marketing describes the taste like fruit punch. Let keep our fingers crossed.

o

Wow, if my tree is normal then this is one unusual tree. To me it looks like a virus infection. Besides moddled leaves it has an issue with dropping leaves. The tree grows well and at the same time drops leaves like nothing else I've seen. I really don't believe this would make the grade as a commercial orchard tree. Maybe that's why it was released retail.

o

so far, no leaf drop.I've only had it in the ground for a couple of weeks now. If anything changes, I'll let you know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here