Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carmine Jewell on sale again!

Posted by SoTX 8b/9a (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 12 at 5:17

$7.99 again at Spring Hill. These may be even better than the 1' plants in 4" sleeves I got last go-'round. Nice plants I have potted until Fall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carmine Jewell on sale again!

I went to their site and they are $29 something. Maybe it is a different Spring Hill.

o

• Posted by SoTX 8b/9a (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 19, 12 at 5:03

Watch for email, Randy.

o

Thanks for sending me the email. They must have a different page for different parts of the country. The cherry is not listed in the liquidation sale. I even had one add to my cart to see and it still shows $29.

I will call them today and see what gives.

Randy

o

I called and was told it is a email special so it doesn't show up on the web site.

o

• Posted by SoTX 8b/9a (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 19, 12 at 22:34

So put your name on their list on the site, give it a few & if you don't get an email from them, call and complain. You have 'til May 2.....

o

SoTx, they sent me an email saying the sale was coming to an end. I used that link and got the special price. Got one on the way. This is my third cherry tree so I should be good to go. I have an English Morello and NorthStar to go with this one.

Thanks for helping me figure out how to get the sale price.

Randy

o

I'd like to see if I can get in on this sale. Can someone please forward me the email they got from Springhill. I can't see paying full price on these.

Thanks kindly!

Dave

o

Try this link and see if it works.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring Hill sell

o

The link worked. Thanks Randy!

o

Bummer that they don't ship to Calif, boo. I'm going to give this a try. I also have Lingonberries I'm going to try, too. Got a couple very inexpensively. Gotta get them potted up next to the blueberries.

Patty S.

o

Your welcome Dave.

Patty I wonder why the restriction on a cherry tree? Are there cherry orchards in your area?

I think several people have bought these cherry trees. It will be interesting to see how they have done in a few years.

Randy

o

No, no commercial cherry tree orchards since we're really not in "cherry tree" country. We only have been able to grow the recently developed low-chill cherries developed by Zaiger (Minnie Royal and Royal Lee). But, there certainly are other parts of California - Northern California for the most part - that do grow commercial cherries. I think it is mainly our ag restrictions and inspections in general that discourage out of state online nurseries and growers from selling their products in Calif. in general. I am very curious to see how these bush cherries do in zone 9. I'm definitely in zone 10, so I may really be pushing the envelope to the point that I just end up with lovely ornamentals. We'll see.

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here