Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamboo_rabbit

Sweetcrisp blueberry review

bamboo_rabbit
12 years ago

Picked the first two pounds of sweetcrisps yesterday though I do admit I have been snacking on them here and there. With other blueberries even after they turn fully blue they are still tart for many days and lack that blueberry flavor. With the sweetcrisps as soon as they turn fully blue they are sweet with that awesome crunch. To me they have more of a wild blueberry flavor but a texture all there own. In the coming days I know the fruit is just going to get sweeter and sweeter.

They truly are in my opinion the best blueberry by FAR for those home growers with the climate to grow them. When we went up to Just Fruits and exotics I was talking to the owner about blueberries and she asked what I grew and when I mentioned I had some Sweetcrisps she said they are not just a new variety they are a quantum leap above the other varieties.

I have 50 or so Sweetcrisps now and my only regret is I could have planted them a year earlier but was too slow and by the time I had the ground prepped for the bareroot plants my source ran out of them. I made sure on the next batch I was first on the list.

{{gwi:80798}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting