Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cleaning backpack sprayer?

Posted by brandond 6 (hdavis34@hotmail.com) on
Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 8:59

I have a 5 gallon backpack sprayer that I have used malathion and liquid seven spray in. I was wondering if there is something that would clean the sprayer well enough to use it for worm tea or fish emulsion. I didnt want the contents of the residual spay in the container to negate the microbes of the worm tea or enzymes of the liquid fish. Any suggestions or should i use a different spayer. Is anyone else noticing a large ammount of caterpillars. I have a copius ammount of them. Normally I wouldnt spray my blueberries bushes. However, I have some newly planted one year old bushes with limited amounts of growth on them. I think a caterpillar could kill some of them by defoliating them. Suggestions would help? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cleaning backpack sprayer?

I'd use a different sprayer.

o

consider contacting the manufacturer of the various chemicals ... and asking them about the residual effects ..

you also dont mention .. how long ago you used the chems???

presuming they are oil based .. have you considered using a simple wash of dawn dish soap ... and fill ... shake.. and let it run out thru the wand a few times ...

back in my master gardener days.. they used to say something about 3 rinses took care of it all.. but that was 20 years ago ... and dont quote me...

all that said.. what ray said.. lol ..

ken

o

I want to say I saw a wash product just for sprayers on Tractor Supply.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here