Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
potted tree source online

Posted by scaper_austin 8a (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 9:23

I am looking to see if anyone has a suggestion for a good source for container grown fruit trees online. In particular I'm looking for peaches and plums. Did notice Tierra Madre had some apples and pears listed that looked interesting. Any suggestions for stone fruit?

Thanks,
Scape

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: potted tree source online

These guys do potted only.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rolling River Nursery

o

• Posted by bob_z6 6b/7a SW CT (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 11:35

I'll second Rolling River- they are great. I've ordered from them 4 times, though I haven't gotten any stone fruit from them yet. But, in my most recent order, I do have a Harko nectarine (reputed to be brown rot resistant) arriving on Tuesday.

Another place to consider is Just Fruit and Exotics. They sell southern peaches and plums, many of which could work for you in zone 8. I got a persimion and a jujube from them last fall and was pleased.

o

Don't forget Edible Landscaping, potted only. Not so good for peaches and plums but they have some things. I got a potted plant from Tierra Madre this spring and it was very good quality.

Scott

o

Ditto Rolling River, I was able to find a Bloomsweet Grapefruit there, they're the only Calif growers of this particular (Texas/Gulf Coast) variety. As well as Tierra Madre. Almost all of my rare heirloom pears came from Tierra Madre, and they all were in excellent shape.

Patty S.

o

Thanks guys. Very good suggestions.

Scape

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here