Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woody64_gw

pineberry plants

woody64
11 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy pineberry plants in Canada or know an online site that sells and ships them to Canada?

Comments (14)

• armyofda12mnkeys
    11 years ago

Try thestrawberrystore.com,
    I bought from Mike in Delaware (and even visited him) and he sells Pineberries but some may be sold out at this time (check store for stock). Can check with him if he ships to Canada

• woody64
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks could you check with him for me? Thanks

• armyofda12mnkeys
    11 years ago

He may not looking at his front page again ....
    Clearly on his front page it says: "We CANNOT ship plants outside the U.S."
    His email is mike@thestrawberrystore.com, can just ask yourself. He doesn't bite :). Maybe he can recommend a Canadian resource/friend who grows them.

• woody64
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Actually was viewing on my phone and didnt see that and second thought he might be a pwrsonal friend of yours. No harm, will send him an email.

• woody64
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Still looking for somwone who will sell and ship pineberry plants to Canada? Even trade or I will ship bakeapple plants to them in exchange for just shipping to me.

• tyler_j
    11 years ago

oops deleted... ... read the title wrong

This post was edited by tyler_j on Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 7:24

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    11 years ago

I have a package of Pineberries coming to my house. Here's the order
    1 x Fragaria x ananassa 'White Pine' Bare Root- 3 Plant Bundle BA (HEIRWPBNDL) $16.47
    1 x Fragaria x ananassa 'White Carolina' Bare Root-3 plant Bundle BA (HEIRWCBNDL)
    Ship Date Best Date for My Area $16.47
    ---------
    Sub-Total: $32.94
    Shipping (Priority Mail from BotanicArt ($12.95) (Inc Handling Fee: $3.00)): $12.95
    DE TAX Rate 0.0%: $0.00
    Total: $45.89

Expensive! The only available cultivars from the Strawberry store. 6 plants 45 bucks!
    What I cannot get here is any of the Romance series Cherry trees. I'm looking for Cupid and maybe Romeo or Juliet. I would definitely consider readdressing the package for these trees! Nothing else, I have no interest.
    Well I would be willing to duplicate the order, but as everyday goes by, they could sell out. I need the current order. I have 2 White D's planted here also, but no runners yet.

White Pine:
    This pineberry is probably the most well known strawberry of this type. It produces a white fruit with red seeds. Fruit exposed to full sun become a blush pink color. The fruit has a very mild flavor with the taste of strawberry and pineapple. Vigorous plant that produces many runners.

White Carolina:
    This pineberry is noted in history books about strawberries. It produces a white fruit with red seeds. Fruit exposed to full sun become a blush pink color. The fruit has a very mild flavor with the taste of strawberry and pineapple. Vigorous plant that produces many runners. This variety tends to be susceptible to leaf scorch.

White D (sold out at Strawberry store and Burpees-I have 2 in my garden)

This is one of 3 pineberry varieties that we grow. It has been in existence since the 1700's and was later developed in Sweden. For some pictures of this and other pineberries visit www.pineberries.us.
    We are still learning about this variety but it is said to be everbearing which would be a BIG plus. During the summer we are seeing blooms on the runners. The plants are strong growers and the fruit is larger than what we've seen from other pineberries. The fruit is mild with a pineapple flavor and an aroma like we have never experienced. We think this variety is a winner.

• woody64
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Don't have anything of what you are looking to trade but still very interested in getting some plants. Would or could you do another order and re address it? Will check around up here for those varieties of cherries but don't think so. Only thing I know that wimple ask for up my way that people can't get else where is bake ale plants.

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    11 years ago

Many Canadian nurseries have the trees, you would have to order them, Cupid alone would be good. You know a price around $45.including shipping to your house, but not shipping to me, that would be even more. Basically I'm asking you to do what you want me to do, readdress a package. I guess you need to find a nursery, I'll look too, but I have to go to work right now...

• woody64
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Will have a look around latr .at work myself now also.

• woody64
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hey Drew51,did you get my email?

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    11 years ago

Yes, check you junk mail, I replied right away.

• woody64
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Drew,dont know if you got my email but I got a cupid coming.

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    10 years ago

Thanks!! Reply sent to you,,,,