Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree Gator Bags

Posted by MrsG47 6-7 RI (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 12 at 11:31

Hi all, I was wondering, that since I do not and will not have a watering system in my small orchard can I use 'Tree Gator' Bags that hold 14 gals. of water that slowly drip into the ground for my newly planted trees? Otherwise, I carry gallons of water to my orchard on my next lot. Good exercise, but. . . with six new trees its not easy. I have one hose with four extensions that will make the trip down to the orchard, but water is exceedingly expensive where I live. Filling the bags once then hand watering after that might be a good idea? Mrs. G

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree Gator Bags

you would fill the bags as many times as is necessary.. to keep the tree PROPERLY WATERED thru the whole growing season ... IN YOUR SOIL ... and ONLY YOU can tell you how much water is needed in your soil ...

why did you say once??

ken

o

Just a couple of thoughts. You might want to get a barrel to catch rain water off the roof and mount it on a pull cart behind like a lawn mower.

I also took a broken short, hot water heater, stripped off the insulation then mounted a hose fitting to it on the drain. Had a fifty gallon water tank for nothing.

o

Hi Ken and Randy,thanks for the thoughts. I said once Ken, because after the initial bag of water, I would hand water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here