Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passion fruit

Posted by ack01 none (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 13, 13 at 11:33

Hi guys, I was looking into growing passion fruit. After looking at the diffrent type of vines I noticed the grape leaf passion fruit. I have the very same vine growing like crazy in my back yard already! however it has never produced any fruit at all. I live in central / south florida zone 9B. Any tips or tricks on getting it to fruit would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passion fruit

Don't know what variety you are talking about (post pics in the passiflora forum on GW) but many varieties need cross pollination. For self-fruitful kinds (I have a p.edulis) I use a small paintbrush to increase fruit size/set.

o

melikeeatplants,
Is P.edulis good tasting?I have a P.incarnata that I'm going to try to fruit.Ever try it? Thanks,Brady
Nice website,by the way.

o

Yeah, it's one of my favorite fruits, very unique sweet/tart taste. I like to eat it out of hand seeds and all.

Never tried incarnata. I've heard it's very tart and you have to add sugar to it, good for making drinks.

Thanks for compliment...there is a video of my passionfruit somewhere on there :)

o

The variety is called vitifolia. I did a little research and it looks like the quality of the fruit is poor at best... That stinks cause the vine I have is HUGE. I will post follow up questions on the passiflora forum. Ty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here