Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nothwehr

asian pear not happy after transplanting

nothwehr
11 years ago

Last October I moved one of my asian pears to one part of my yard to another and it is now having issues. Background: this tree was planted in its original spot in my yard (from a potted tree purchased at a nursery) during the Fall of 2010. It is currently about 3-4 feet high. In the thread below I posed a question about pruning this tree and there are images in the thread that shows what it looked like this winter when it was dormant (and in its new location):

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/fruit/msg0109393119306.html

Anyway, I did a bit of pruning last winter and at first everything looked fine when it leafed out this spring. However in the past 2 weeks the leaves have started looking kind of droopy. It is definitely kind of stressed. As soon as I noticed this I watered the tree and it bounced back for a couple days before looking droopy again. So I have been watering it every 3 days or so and hoping it snaps out of it. I did my best to preserve as many of the roots as possible when I moved it but undoubtedly I damaged/pruned some of these. Is there anything else I can do to help my tree pull through? Thanks, Steve

Comments (2)