Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No apples this year

Posted by Snakeskingardens TN (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 12:34

My dwarf apple tree is 3-4 years old I was hoping to get some fruit this year after seeing some blooms early on but nothing good has happened since. I've got 4-5 branch tips that dying off 6-8 inches down the tips, leaves are getting yellow spots that I'm attributing to cedar spot but have not had a problem with the branches dying off until this year. What is the best thing to do about the dying branches and cedar spot?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No apples this year

If your branches are dying you have a serious problem with your tree. Perhaps you should research fireblight and see if that is what your trees have. Perhaps something has girdled your tree or eaten the roots underground. Voles do this. As for the cedar apple rust, there is a product called immunox which does a great job of dealing with this fungus. Hope this helps. I can relate to your disappointment. Ted

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here