Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to get an early bit of spring from your fruit trees

Posted by oldryder (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 12:54

Go out and cut a bunch of smaller branches. Ones you'll prune anyway. Bring them in the house and put them in water. With any luck a week later you'll have green and the beginning of some flowers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to get an early bit of spring from your fruit trees

For being an "oldryder" you sure are romantic!

o

milehighgirl: Thx for the thought but my post is a lot more indicative of a case of raging cabin fever (snow on the ground and 12 degrees here last nite) than any romantic inclination ..

got flower and leaf buds popping out all over on my cuttings.

o

Old-

Last year vs this year early April:

o

oldryder and milehighgirl, not only are your names dripping with double entendre, but you are completely out of control. :)

o

oldryder,

I understand that cabin fever but it's worse when the weather is nice and I have to be stuck inside doing the most hideous job imaginable: taxes! I'm itching to get outside so much I think I'll file and extension.

o

franktank232: thx for the cool dynamic pic.

milehighgirl: my condolences on taxes; I surrendered many years ago and gave the task to an accountant.

re: the sticks in the pot; it's turning out to be educational as I'm getting to watch the budding process much more closely than ever before since the pruned branches are right on my kitchen table. Assuming they continue growing I'll have flowers in a couple more days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here