Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garedneck_gw

75% off Henry Fields (Gurneys) RIght Now !

garedneck
11 years ago

http://www.thefind.com/food/info-apricot-trees

I don't know why, but go to the above page and then click on the picture that says Harlayne apricot (and Henry Fields below the picture) and it takes you to Henry Fields website with everything about 75% off! Who know how long it will last . For example just ordered a carmen jewel for $7.50/ea. No coupons or anything special needed.

Good luck!

Comments (65)

• kaisersoze
    10 years ago

The original post didn't get much activity, thought I was the only one who tried it out. Looks like everyone was waiting to get their items before posting!

Ordered an Olympic Korean Pear Deluxe (amongst other things, the others are still awaiting shipment):
    {{gwi:84036}}
    Includes bareroot tree with soil height marked, calcium and starter food packets (both which specify not to administer until 3 months after planting), a tree trunk protector, and HF catalog

{{gwi:84038}}

{{gwi:84039}}

{{gwi:84040}}

{{gwi:84041}}

Not shown: added more surrounding soil to the white mark and mulched

• garedneck
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I received everything (great quality) within 5 days of ordering except the carmine jewel will be another ~30 days. Had to call customer service to confirm the order and remember how to understand India english : ) over the phone .

• franktank232
    10 years ago

I ordered yesterday..i succumb to cheap temptation. Ordered a Honeycrisp, a north star sour cherry, a paw paw, some seeds... shipping was 9.95...

• rjinga
    10 years ago

Ordered on 4/25/13, just checked and delivery date estimates are not til 5/15/13...that's a bummer...ordered garlic and asparagus, which will both probably be way too late to plant...hmmmm

• murkwell
    10 years ago

I've been waiting until they at least ship. I thought the first post was a put on. Seems too good to be true, even with their inflated prices.

Too bad most of the fruit trees I'm interested in can't be shipped to WA or OR.

I did order some asparagus and other things as well as a pressure canner.

• treehugger2012
    10 years ago

I ordered 2 trees the cheaper ones are out of stock the ones I ordered are 30 dollars including shipping. $30 is not enough to buy half of apricot trees from Pam fast growing trees any way. I am very disappointed in apricot trees but I never quit. I have 3 trees of 8 feet and 4 years old which cost a lot of money bought from Pam in NC. I just want to taste one apricot fruit I produced it did not happen yet.

• Roxann78
    10 years ago

I just ordered a bunch of things from Henry Fields also. Great Prices that's for sure. I only got one each of the small fruits though to see how they grow . I have thrown money away on great deals before and now am a little cautious. But I look forward to getting great stuff like many of you have gotten. I am trying to convert my yard into more edible things. It just takes time because it is a lot of work.

• ZombieGirl
    10 years ago

I received my fruit trees today, a Pixie Crunch and a Goldrush (both lil big... trying them out, we'll get full-size later if they wont work out). Arrived just as Kaizer's photos above and we already have them planted. Good size! Hoping they do well... waiting to see how much fruit we get since they're small.

I also ordered 'gus, strawberries and a few other things that won't get here for about another week... ordered some bulbs that will ship in the fall :)

• captaininsano (9b/13) Peoria, AZ.
    10 years ago

Crap!!! I did it to! I even tried a couple of items that are not for my zone, but what the heck there really isnt very much with low chill hours anyway. (I always say that but am still devistated when I fail) lol.

• Nadaddyo
    10 years ago

Thanks for the info, Just dropped a 100 with shipping on 6 assorted fruit trees,3 vines,and 2 Supplies.Great deal thanks for the post!

• treehugger101
    10 years ago

Me, too! 2 apricots, 2 nectarines, a cherry and spray. Here's hoping it actually ships soon. Listen to me. I still have 25 rose bushes to plant before I go back to fruit. How do you guys do this? Thanks so much for the post. What fun!

• insteng
    10 years ago

I just received my order today and they actually shipped double my order. The trees all look really good and I will plant them this weekend.

• sara7worthington
    10 years ago

They quit this sale but i got my order in before they stopped it. They got a forty to sixty percent sale now.

• franktank232
    10 years ago

Got my order...everything looks fine... trees seem very dormant.

• leexrayshady
    10 years ago

mine were very dormant as well, hopefully they are still alive

• leexrayshady
    10 years ago

• Jerseymec
    10 years ago

I just got my trees too. They seem so young though.. Im afraid to plant them in the ground. Can they planted in a container for a year or two till they get a little thicker because I dont want to lose more trees to the winter..

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    10 years ago

Yes Jerseymec,they can be planted in containers. Brady

• Noogy
    10 years ago

My contender peaches were small and budding, but everything I got arrived super dormant, has sprouted, and is very healthy and that's over 16 trees!. Super deal.

• leexrayshady
    10 years ago

• treehugger2012
    10 years ago

I ordered two HARLAYNE SD 2-4' FOR 9.25 and HARLAYNE SD DLX FOR 11.00. They sent me two of the cheaper one. I did not EVEN notice until after I potted them. WHO SAID ON LINE NURSERIES HAS ANY DECIENCY OR HONESTY.

• treehugger2012
    10 years ago

I ordered two HARLAYNE SD 2-4' FOR 9.25 and HARLAYNE SD DLX FOR 11.00. They sent me two of the cheaper one. I did not EVEN notice until after I potted them. WHO SAID ON LINE NURSERIES HAS ANY DECIENCY OR HONESTY.

• treehugger2012
    10 years ago

• treehugger2012
    10 years ago

• treehugger2012
    10 years ago

• treehugger2012
    10 years ago

• treehugger2012
    10 years ago

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    10 years ago

treehugger,
    That's six repeats.It may be a record. Brady

• rjinga
    10 years ago

haha bradybb...enter button must be sticking...I have received one tree so far, and my mason bee box. I keep watching the other items in my order slip further and further back...they had one dwarf orange tree scheduled to ship in SEPTEMBER, well I contacted them and it looks like they are moving that date up.

Apple Tree I got ($9) looked ok, also very dormant like a stick. But it's planted and hopefully it will be ok.

• treehugger2012
    10 years ago

Brady I did not post 6 times the same post. Their Internet Page and my virus program crashed together and was a big mess. My virus program kept saying the page you are looking for could not be found or malicious and we blocked.
    End result six postings what a grief

• fespo
    10 years ago

Ok let's see, one of my grape vines was shipped with a broken main branch, called and they sent me a replacement. To day the paw paw trees came in packed great. Open second box again little branch snapped when they placed it in the box from Garden's alive. I'm not going to call on that one. The blueberry plant is a little stick with a few roots. I hope everything makes it. At 75% off is a normal price for the plant they sent.

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    10 years ago

I got my Goldcot apricot about two weeks ago looking fully dormant, and it's budding up wonderfully!

I got the Carmine Jewel cherry yesterday. It sounded so small, but the branches are sturdy and nice. It's about 9 inches tall. I don't know how it'll do here in the South, but we'll find out :) It's starting out nice and healthy, so I'm very pleased.

• franktank232
    10 years ago

Mine are starting to leaf out...still waiting for my paw paw...hope it gets here half way soon...

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    10 years ago

treehugger,
    I know there was most likely no intention on your part to make that happen.Computers can be very useful and a pain sometimes,like other things we depend on.
    I hope things are running smoothly now. Brady

• Noogy
    10 years ago

I got my carmine jewels in. Pretty nice. There's 8-10" of wood,and 2 stems on most of them too! Last year they were freshly vegged out, no wood and 3-4" long. My CJ's from last year are doing great and are almost 40" tall. They liKe a little ammonium nitrate.

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    10 years ago

Excellent! Thanks, Noogy. I'm so glad I got it after all.

• danzeb
    10 years ago

Got my Henry Fields Carmine Jewel also. It was small but very healthy and nicely packed in a bio pack so it goes into the ground without disturbing the roots. Also great price. I wish plants I ordered from other suppliers looked that healthy.

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    10 years ago

I got my Carmine Jewel also! It is nicer than the one from Honeyberries USA. Small but super healthy! And to make you all jealous I also got in Cupid and Juliet. Probably one of the first in the USA. From a trade, not a nursery.
    Isn't it a shame these cultivars were released 9 years ago and still unavailable in the USA? Gardens Alive who owns Henry Fields has the exclusive distribution rights in the USA. Maybe one day they will decide to offer them, then again maybe not.

This post was edited by Drew51 on Tue, May 21, 13 at 7:18

• olympia_gardener
    10 years ago

First of all, I would like to thank Gardeneck, and Jetthro for sharing this sale information. No doubt, it is a great deal. I, like many others here, bought a lot of stuff, fruit trees, berry plants, seed, misc. garden supplies etc.
    However, I placed my order in April. Initially, the delivery dates are in May for Spring shipment, Oct for fall shipment. But Henry Field keeps pushing put the deliver date . Now, a grape vine I ordered will be delivered by end of June!!! unbelievable.
    I am wondering if I am the only one did not receive ordered plants yet? or there are a lot others here just keep quiet and wait patiently?

Also, for those who received well packed fruit trees, with tree guard, etc. You guys are lucky. I did not received any of these... No tree guard, no well packed shipments. One partial shipment contains three plants, one raspberry, one plum, one Asian pear... It looked like they only put some wet new paper on the top when they pack, that only covers part of plum roots. The Asian pear roots is underneath and is very very dry. It was a good size pear plant but now it is dead stick.

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    10 years ago

I did get some planting supplies about two weeks ago and should get part of my plant order today and the rest of it early June.
    Yes,they do push the delivery dates forward quite a bit.I'm still waiting for the rest of a Gurney's order that was made about two and a half months ago.
    I hope your plants grow and do well olympia_gardener. Brady

• murkwell
    10 years ago

Yes, my stuff has been trickling in too. I got the pressure cooker though, so everything else is bonus as far as I'm concerned.

The two pear trees arrived a week or two ago, they look good and the buds are pushing now.

Its strange, pumpkin seeds won't arrive until some time in June. What's the holdup with seeds?

At least for you folk in WA state the weather is still conducive to transplanting.

• insteng
    10 years ago

I actually received twice as many trees as I ordered. I planted them and within a week all of them were budding out and growing great. They all came with tree guards as well as fertilizer as well.

• olympia_gardener
    10 years ago

Is it possible, Insteng, that my trees were shipped to your address?....LOL.

Bradbb, how is your blue berries doing this year. Mine are not doing so good... Three bb died during the winter, and the rest seems having ph issue... leaves are on the red side... not as many flowers as I had last year. But my Asia pear and peach is doing great... set many fruits.. I have to thin most of them out...aching.

Murky, I just received my radish seeds too... temperature here was already in mid 80's in past week. Chicago virtually has no spring, jump from winter directly to summer...The radish season has passed, It looks like I have to wait for next year.
    The worst thing is that I am leaving on July 1 for long vocation so when the plant arrive at end of June, I can plant it in to the ground, and God has to look after it during my absent. If Henry Field continues pushing out the delivery date, the package has to sit at the door step under the sun and rain for a month...

• Bradybb WA-Zone8
    10 years ago

olympia_gardener,
    There should be a good crop this year.Are yours in the ground?
    Red leaves could be from some other cause or deficiency.
    Mine are about 80% in containers.I like it that way,then I can can control their environment better and move them when I want.The ones in the ground are doing fairly well also.
    Well,it's good to have an over abundance and thin, than have no fruit at all. Brady

• treehugger101
    10 years ago

The trees from H. Fields look better than everywhere I ordered from except Raintree but RT was 4 times the price! I am thrilled! Received Yumm Yumm and Mericrest Nectarines, Sugar Pearls and Harlayne Apricots, Montmorency Sour Cherry and Carmine Jewel Cherry. Everything that arrived was budded and leafed out fast except the Harlayne Apricot which they replaced. Still waiting on Carmine Jewel. Many thanks to Jethro_75 and garedneck for posting this incredible deal!!!

This post was edited by treehugger100 on Thu, May 23, 13 at 7:11

• franktank232
    10 years ago

My paw paw arrived yesterday... its pretty small, but i didn't expect a huge tree... we'll see how it does...it has a few leaves.

• leexrayshady
    10 years ago

sorry for the bad pics but my nova spy, sweet sixteen, and honey crisp are budding out very well so far
    {{gwi:84042}}

{{gwi:84044}}

{{gwi:84045}}

• leexrayshady
    10 years ago

man this forum software stinks. let's try this another way.

• leexrayshady
    10 years ago

the sweet

• danzeb
    10 years ago

I have to wonder how they made money on their sale to me. They sent my $32 order in 4 shipments as the plants became available. Today I got a shipment that contained one $1.75 plant. Very happy with their prices and service. Hope they have the same sale next year.