Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spray Schedule for Nectarines in Southern California?

Posted by Puggylover75 9B Norco, Ca (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 13:06

Does this exist somewhere on here? I have searched but I only found Harvestman's schedule for the northeast.

My Nectaplum has had what I believe to be Thrip damage for two years now so I figure I should start a spray schedule for the nectarines.

Thanks for your help guys and gals!

Jennifer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spray Schedule for Nectarines in Southern California?

This seems to be my only issue at the moment so I would only require what it takes to help with the Thrips. I would prefer non toxic type of control if possible.

Thanks again,

Jennifer

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 13:21

Jennifer:

I think thrips control will need to be undertaken at about petal fall. The damage pictures I've seen look like it occurred very early. Surely you are well past that stage aren't you?

Spinosad is the control I've used on blueberry.

o

Yes it did happen very early and the damage is done for this year. I am trying to get organized for the next go around.

So I do not need to do any dormant sprays or oils after leaf fall? Just at petal fall? Do I spray just once or continuous for a period of time?

Seems to me it is going to be quite hard to spray at petal fall. How do you judge the time....not all petals fall at the same time for me. Ugh :(. Do I need to worry about bees when spraying the Spinosad?

I have never sprayed or wanted to but my Nectarines look pretty bad and most don't make it to maturity due to hard destroyed skin.

Thank You!

o

This is how my fruit typically looks (Not my picture).

o

Another one (Not my picture).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here