Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
avocado tree pruning help

Posted by scopus (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 13:26

hi i was pruning my avocado tree yesterday of dead/diseased branches and the one in the pic below i pruned cause looked diseased so cut off few inches to the next branch and i woke up today and noticed white residue where the cut was made. Is that disease, or is it normal and leave it alone? If diseased/infected should i prune off all the way to the big branch on the left? i would have pruned more but the branches between where the cut was made and the big branch on the left had some leaves and fruit growing and not sure if needs the sacrafice, thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: avocado tree pruning help

I am no expert on avocado. I have had mine for about a year. I haven't trim it yet, but I heard that avocado put out a white powdery residue on open wounds. So it looks normal.

This video explains it.

Here is a link that might be useful: White Powder on Avocado Tree Branch Sections and Lesions

o
RE: avocado tree pruning help

thank u so much for that info n video of this, n very glad to hear shes ok :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here