Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brigitta Blueberry ?

Posted by janiebird 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 08 at 14:30

Hi folks, Anyone have experience with Brigitta Blueberries? I just bought a really big bush at a wholesale store and it looks very good. Is this a late mid or early? I am in MD in zone 7. Thanks, Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brigitta Blueberry ?

I have no experience with it, but it is listed as late-ripening, having large fruit with good flavor that store well. It was selected in Australia.

o

http://web1.msue.msu.edu/fruit/bbvarbul.htm

Tried to send this web address earlier but wasn't logged in. If you get this as a duplicate--sorry.
This is a helpful website from Michigan extension service. While they have cold issues Zone 7 and zone 8 here in Oregon do not, there is a ton of useful info. I did plant a Brigitta last year....doing well, but too soon to tell anything about fruit. Also planting a newly acquired Chippewa from Raintree Nursery (www.raintreenursery.com for info).

o

Hi.
I have Brigitta in my plantation and I have problem with yield (maybe someone knows why). There is lots of flowers but they fall down after blooming period. I think it is not good blueberry.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blueberry from Poland

o

I am growing Brigitta, large crisp fruit and mid late season, of the five types that gave fruit last year this was hands down the best tasting so far.
Ken

o

I recommend Brigitta based both on flavor and growth rate. Also, Burnt Ridge thinks highly enough of Brigitta (they spell it Brigeeta) to grow it as a main variety in their commercial fields.

o

Burnt Ridge wrote on his website that Brigitta has high yield. In Europe plantators have diferent expiriens. Brigitta has very low yield and nobody knows why. I wonder it depend on climate. Any suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: Blueberry from Poland

o

I have been evaluating several varieties of blueberries and am very impressed with the growth and production of Brigitta. I have a large crop of green fruit right now. I obtained my bush from Burnt Ridge Nursery 14 months ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here