Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weather pattern dead: heat wave next?

Posted by franktank232 z5 WI (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 14:59

Looks like this is it...all the models are pointing towards warm (very warm?) air starting Friday (here)...12z GFS wants to pop us to 80F early next week (we haven't hit 60F yet)... Looking at 60Fs Fri/Sat and 70Fs Sun/Mon...maybe 80F.. the N Plains/Upper Midwest should all be blanketed in warmth...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weather pattern dead: heat wave next?

Frank, its taken its good old time but its on the way, Hooray!!!!!!!!!! Mrs. G

o

I've seen a number of predictions for an above average May in many parts of the country, and only a few pockets of colder than average predicted...

Enjoy!

o

Frank, my looks into the long-range forecast for WI have found the same conclusion -- come Friday, it will be just like we've skipped over spring and jumped straight into summer, with temperatures in the 60s here next week even by the big Lake (Michigan). I can't wait -- the trees and berries and I will be very very happy, assuming it is true. We'll see. We got a half inch of snow just yesterday *while* I was planting and mulching some new blackberries -- sheesh! Ready for change any day now.

o

Franktank - even up here by lake superior. The temps start to go up wednesday for us!!!!

o

I'm ready for it. However, we have a really deep snow base still. If it goes straight to the 70's, there is going to be some bad flooding in many of the areas around here. I'm on high ground, but I'll be worrying about quite a few people.

o

Canadian/North MN-

You guys are going to get torched... Yes...very rapid snow melt...

o

It was 73 here on sunday and it snowed again today!

Im ready for summer, but Im afraid it will jump to 100 within a month.

o

One thing that tends to happen, is one extreme to the other...sometimes models don't catch that (they under do the warmth a lot of the times)... Obviously its hard to say where May will go in terms of temps, but hopefully it trends more back towards normal.

o

frank - "you guys are going to get torched"

GOOD! Up here weve been 8C below normal since the middle of Feb. I havnt done a single thing outside, but prune a month ago. Too late to plant garlic or onions, might be too late for spinach.

I will say, the cold is good for helping the trees stay dormant. It doesnt look like we will have an early bud break this year, so I can only hope that means less chance of frost killing things.

o

I guess I don't have to worry about frost getting my aprium - it decided to take the year off from making buds.

Last year, disastrous for fruit, was a bonanza for spring vegetables, an extra month's growing season.

We can't ever have it all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here