Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
orange tree seems to be dying

Posted by ofl0926 none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 15:25

hello. i am new here. my father moved away and i took his orange tree that was in a pot. when he had it, he had gotten fruit from it twice.
i placed it close to my mango tree, where it would get a good amount of sun light. i did fertilize once, and i got some flowers but nothing else. now there is very minimal amount of leaves on it. i did add some soil to it cause it looked like the base of the roots were kind of exposed. any advice for me? suggestions and comments welcome. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: orange tree seems to be dying

Always keep a tree well-watered after transplanting. The shock may have knocked off the leaves. DO NOT fertilize this tree again...until it is growing good. Use your finger nail to scrape below the bark to see if it is still green (alive).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here