Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peach tree is yet to break bud

Posted by nandakumar 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 16:09

I have planted two peach tress - Loring and Ranger on same day on March 1, 2013.

Loring started budding in a week with few flowers and now has lot of leaves and even few baby fruits but Ranger is yet break bud. The tree seems to be green and healthy but not sure why it is yet to break bud.

Please share your experience on this.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peach tree is yet to break bud

I'd scratch the bark a little on a branch and see if it's green underneath. One of my four new little peach whips did nothing for so long I was sure it had died over the Winter. The others had bloomed and were leafing out and it just sat there with black buds.

Several weeks later it began to show signs of life and now has bloomed and is pushing out leaves.

There is a range of bloom times and newly planted trees can be even more variable.

o

Thanks Steve,

I did scratch one of the branch and it seems to be green. I also talked to the folks in the Nursery and they say it is normal for some trees to bud little late. Hope it buds soon.

o

I have a couple pear trees that way. One is fully leafed out with a few pears on it already and the othe one hasn't budded out yet. It is still alive it is just a little slower than the other one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here