Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newly planted dwarf peach help!

Posted by rehabbingisgreen Z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 27, 12 at 16:34

I planted our dwarf hale haven peach and she's now gotten a few leaves that have turned yellow as well as the lower fruits on the tree seem to be deflated and shriveled now. Worried and I don't have enough experience with fruit trees so I don't know what to do.

We haven't had a freeze and I didn't fertilize her when planted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newly planted dwarf peach help!

Your tree had fruits when you planted it? Did you have it potted, before?

o

Yes it was purchased potted and has small fruits on it.

o

Too much water? What kind of soil is the tree in? Any pics?

o

Likely the original rootball has dried. Stick your finer into it to find out if that's true. Then dribble water directly into the root zone. Moisture won't move sideways from surrounding soil.

o

Transplanting can be a shock to a non-dormant tree. Even moving a potted tree from inside to outdoors can shock it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here