Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of plum is this?

Posted by Daisyjoy5 N. GA / 6b or 7a (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 16:36

Hi everyone! I posted this in the "name that plant" forum and someone suggested I cross-post here.

I have a gorgeous plum tree that sets out large quantities of small, tart fruit. The flesh is a bright golden color, sort of red/orange. It makes a wonderful jam. It's obviously some sort of a plum tree, and my best guess is Chickasaw but I'm by no means confident in that guess.

Can anyone ID this tree?

(Also if anyone can tell me how to put two pictures in one post, that would be great!) see below for other pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of plum is this?

Fruit that is not quite ripe (it has a small window for harvesting).

o

Anyone?

o

Looks like a Chickasaw to me. Does it have suckers that pop up all around the tree? If it is a Chickasaw it will spread by sending up suckers everywhere and eventually form a big thicket.They make great jelly or wine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here