Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Satsuma tree dropping all fruit...WHY? :(

Posted by scuzzynutty CA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 16:41

Hi, I live in southern California and I have a question about my Semi-dwarf Satsuma Orange tree. The tree itself is growing pretty well with new growth, some of the leaves are a little yellowish, but overall I think the tree is healthy. The past few weeks there was new blossoms, probably about 30 of them. I was excited thinking there might be a lot of fruit this year. It seems for the majority of them, the little fruit developing in the blossom is turning yellow and falling to the ground! The same thing happened last year, and there was only ONE fruit last year that actually developed and grew. Of the 30 blossoms/little fruit, I think there is only probably 7 left or less and at the rate they're turning yellow and dropping off, i woudln't be surprised if they all fell off. Any idea what’s going on with this tree and why all the ‘fruit’ keeps turning yellow and dropping off? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Satsuma tree dropping all fruit...WHY? :(

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 17:22

Mine bloom massively and then drop 90-95%. That's the nature of a citrus. Thirty blossoms is almost none. If you have an issue it's why only that little bloom?

o
RE: Satsuma tree dropping all fruit...WHY? :(

SCUZZY

I wish I can say about my Washington orange tree. My tree was 7 feet tall with beautiful branches an leaves. The cold weather kill it.. All I have from the 7 feet trees alive is about half a foot above the ground developing a couple of leaves.
I think you should post your question in the citrus board they can help you.
Good Luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here