Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Autumn Rose peach

Posted by sautesmom z9 Sacramento CA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 17:41

Is anyone growing Autumn Rose peach, and if so, do you have pictures of its fruit? I think mine is mis-labeled.

Thanks

Carla in Sac

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Autumn Rose peach

Carla, is no one growing this peach? I read up about it and ordered one from One Green World, along with a Galaxy! Dang, peach leaf curl resistant or very resistant? My kinda peach tree, lol!! This is our bane here in California. There is a fairly decent photo on their web site of the fruit if that helps.

Patty S.

o

Actually why I am asking is that I ordered one from them 5 years ago. It took a while to fruit, and when it did, it turned out it was a white donut peach ripening in July, either Saturn or Galaxy. I sent them photos, and they sent me a new tree in September of 2009.

That replacement has finally set fruit in 2012, and I SWEAR it is another donut peach!! Little round and flat things (plus it has moderate peach leaf curl)
I am astonished they could do this TWICE (what is going on there??) but before I have another hissy fit, I would like to see photos of what my baby fruit should look like.

As I told them before, as far as mistakes go, it could be worse, because the peaches are actually delicious, but I am collecting late-season peaches which is the primary reason I ordered it, and I had lost 3 years (now 5 years) of growing time by getting the wrong peach.

Again, how do you send the same wrong peach not once, but TWICE???? Especially when they don't exactly have a large selection of peaches in their company?

Carla in Sac

o

carla- that is very weird and really annoying.

o

Wow, Carla, that is really odd. And frustrating for sure. Too bad Raintree doesn't carry this variety. They have very a limited PLC resistant peach tree selection. I'll have to watch my two trees very carefully. The Autumn Rose is very distinctive with it's really lush leaves that turn bright scarlet in the fall. If I don't see that, I'm contacting them. And, sure hope I get a Galaxy and not a Saturn, as I already have a Saturn. I'm going to have to read up on their Garden Watchdog comments to see if this is an issue with this company. Rather disappointing to wait 2 years to find out this is not the variety you ordered.

Patty S.

o

Anyone know what the winter chill I on this sucker?

o

Not sure, be we've estimated it to be around 400 ch.

Patty S.

o

cool. Does it fruit in Vista?

o

I have fruit set this year, ahajmano. I get about 500-600 ch where I am in Vista.

Patty S.

o

Okay, Carla. You're going to get a chuckle out of a message I'm about to post. It's about my 'Flat Wonderful' peento peach I ordered from Gurney's at the same time I ordered my Galaxy and Autumn Rose peaches I ordered from One Green World. I think you'll be able to relate to my dilemma, lol!

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here