Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Skinny peach leaves

Posted by sautesmom z9 Sacramento CA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 12 at 18:36

Does anyone know what disease or nutrient deficiency would cause peach leaves to grow long and skinny?
My Q-1-8/ Frost combo has weird leaves this year, and it's 6 years old and has never done this before. They are about 1/2" wide, on both sides, skinnier than even my almond tree leaves. It also took forever to leaf out. It's the only one of all my peach or nectarine trees that is doing this.

Ideas?

Carla in Sac

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skinny peach leaves

Said this to the other guy, but have you looked for borers?

o
RE: Skinny peach leaves

No, but how would that make all the leaves skinny?? When I have had borers before in another tree, it just reduced the vigor until the tree was hardly growing. The leaves were still shaped the same.
But I will check--thanks for your thoughts!

Carla in Sac

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here