Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Owari satsuma

Posted by tanya_2008 Zone 8 (gardengirlie63@sbcglobal.net) on
Mon, Apr 6, 09 at 18:49

My satsuma has blooms on it.Will i get sats early?I know last year i didn't get sats till october?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Owari satsuma

• Posted by jim123 z9 or z10 CA (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 9, 09 at 20:19

Mine has blooms on it now too, as it does most years. I don't expect ripe fruit until early December at the earliest. Sometimes not until after the first of the year.

o

• Posted by lali z9, Sunset z18, So C (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 10, 09 at 15:35

Jim123,

I noticed you're in CA too. I'm looking to buy a Satsuma to add to my collection of citrus. How old is your tree and how big does it get? Is it just as easy a fruit to grow in comparison to other citrus (oranges, lemons, limes)?

Thanks,
Lali

o

• Posted by jim123 z9 or z10 CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 10, 09 at 16:12

My tree is over 30 years old. It is on dwarf rootstock (I don't know which one). It is about four feet tall and at least as big around. Even as such a small tree, it provides an abundance of fruit, more than our family copnsumes by ourselves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here