Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
peach tree leaves

Posted by gingygirl 6b (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 19:11

Hi

I live in central nj, purchased my peach tree 2 years ago from harvestman and am really enjoying taking care of her. Last year we removed the peaches and this year are looking forward to harvest!

There are a few leaves on the tree that looks like this. I don't see any pests on the leaves.

file:///Users/gingy/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2012/peach tree leaves 2012/IMG_1454.JPG

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: peach tree leaves

Tried the link, it didn't work for me. Would love to see the pics. I'm have peach tree issues too. Mrs. G

o

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYtXLlm4atmLq

try this

Here is a link that might be useful: peach tree leaves

o

Nope, I have peach leaf curl. Don't know what is wrong with your leaves. So sorry.

o

Sometimes my leaves on my peach do that too, mostly on new leaves. Kinda deformed I guess. Could be something nibbling on it or, at the worst, shothole. Looks like it is just a deformity. Keep an eye out for bugs though and if the holes get worse, it could be shothole

o

It is shot-hole. There are several diseases that give it. The main treatment is copper at leaf fall and copper at pink in the early spring. There isn't much to do about it now other than thinning out the limbs a bit to make sure enough sun is getting in. Sun helps dry leaves quickly and limits diseases.

Scott

o

Kathy, re-reading your post I see you only have a few leaves with the problem. I wouldn't worry so much, its when it covers the whole tree that its a problem. Still I would consider the copper dormant spray as a preventative.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here