Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
apricot tree

Posted by ralph31558 z8GA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 19:50

what sighns can i look for on my tree to show me thst it might produce fruit this yesr. this will be the 3rd year , and the past 2 years it hasn't flowered or produced.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: apricot tree

Fruit buds would be a handy sign. On an apricot there are fruit buds on spurs and on last years wood. Often there are three buds together. The outer two are fruit buds and the inner a leaf bud.

In zone 8 the fruit buds are long gone if there were any. Bloom should have been about 4-6 weeks ago. The tree will soon be producing buds for next years crop.

o
RE: apricot tree

You are in about the same climate/zone/region as I am - and my apricot flowered like 1.5 months ago....

Has it already leafed out? If so - then you will have to wait till next year to maybe see...

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here